Friday, April 3, 2015

I Tried to Cook Ramen!




In response to the news that there's a coming typhoon, I went straight to one of our local grocery stores and bought a few food items.

I came across these fresh/wet noodles and instantly wanted to cook something.... well, I did try today and it didn't taste so bad. :)

I'm going to write the recipe so I won't forget next time. To be honest, I did not have a concrete recipe when I was preparing this. I did searched online for basic techniques and the ingredients that I can find locally.

I don't know what I should call this one but probably something like "DIY Emergency Ramen." Yeah it's lame but, whatever. LOL.


Ingredients:

2 packs of 1st Choice Fresh Japanese Ramen (miki/ classic), I used the red ones.


1 can spicy sardines, I think I used the one below


1 medium-sized red or white onion, sliced

1 clove of garlic, sliced

3 stalks of green onion or scallions, sliced

1 small ginger, diced or sliced very thinly

1 chicken broth cubes/ bouillon cube (you can use chicken stock too)

sesame oil

salt to taste

pepper to taste (but I forgot to add this)


Directions:
1. Lightly sautee or fry the ginger, garlic and onion in sesame oil. Don't let it burn.
2. In another pot, heat 5-6 cups of water.
3. When the water is near boiling point, add the chicken cube and stir.
4. Next, add the sauteed ingredients in step 1.
5. Now, add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the sardines. Stir lightly and season to taste (with salt, pepper, or with any seasoning mix of your choice.)
7. Add the green onions.
8. Serve while still warm and enjoy.


Questions?
1. Why did you use sardines instead of chicken meat coz you actually used a chicken broth cube?
A: Well, mom said that it's Lenten season and we're not yet allowed to have meat. Basically, we have fish every Holy Week.
2. Why did you fried some ingredients when it's also not allowed during this day?
A: WTF! lol...I can't help it and I don't see the point of not frying it... waaah.

Thanks for reading! :) Happy Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, there!
Thank you for reading my blog.
I appreciate your comments. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...