Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Skincare: Olive Oil, Honey and Sugar (Part 1 of 2)


I am in no way promoting any of these Brands. These are the ones that are available here, so these are what I currently use.


Okay, I know some of you may have known/discovered this potent combination already. Especially if you're like me who loves to research about natural skincare tips.

Where I learned?
Largely from the internet of course. I learned about olive oil from Michelle Phan (using Olive oil as a skincare). The brown sugar tip I got it from a male friend (who must not be named, 5 or 6 years ago). Lastly, I learned how to use honey as a skincare item from different sources on the internet, but I do love one specific natural beauty YT channel (AllNatural28). I think she used honey as a main ingredient on the very first video I saw from her channel.

Before I start with my favorite beauty recipe(s). Let me first tell you what each of these would do for you (known benefits), and maybe a little bit of science behind their wonders (kindly click on the link to be directed to it's original source).


Olive oil
(preferably extra virgin olive oil)



"Since ancient times olive oil has been used as a way to moisturize and help rejuvenate damaged skin.
As we age our skin deteriorates and its inner and outer layers (dermis and epidermis) grow much thinner. The stresses and strains of aging also cause the skin to lose elasticity, which soon becomes noticeable as wrinkles. External factors, such as the suns rays can also speed up the aging process by generating what are called ‘free radicals’. The good news is that it’s possible to reduce the damage done to cells by using ‘inhibitors’ that lower the risk. There are many creams and lotions on the market that can help with this but if you’re looking for a natural ‘inhibitor’, you need look no further than olive oil, which has a lipid profile very close to that of human skin.
Olive oil has a large proportion of vitamins A, D, and K, as well as vitamin E, which is a key source of protein needed in the fight against free radicals. This makes olive oil particularly helpful in the fight against skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and seborrheic eczemas (oliveoiltimes)."
  
Great as: 
  • Moisturizer (skin and hair)
  • Exfloliator (when used with sea salt and/or brown sugar)
  • Nail and cuticle conditioner
  • An excellent eye makeup remover
  • Tames tangled and damaged hair
  • Natural lubricant
  •   Aftershave
Read more information from these sites:

Honey
(preferably organic honey) 

"Honey has been used by women in skin care for centuries because even since then they discovered that honey benefits the skin. Honey is a natural organic product which doesn't contain any type of chemicals or preservatives, thus providing only natural ingredients for skin care and health (becomegorgeous)."

Benefits:
  • Moisturizer and Humectant - promotes retention of moisture on skin
  • Anti-aging
  • Anti-bacterial
 Read more at:
www.livestrong.com
www.benefits-of-honey.com

  
Brown/ Red Sugar
"Sugar contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is crucial for maintaining healthy skin.  The natural glycolic acid in sugar not only helps condition and moisturize skin, but protect it from toxins (blog.hothousebotanicals.com)."


Benefits:
  • Natural exfoliator
  • Does not clog pores
  • Protects skin from photoaging (from vitamin B)
  • Economical/ cheap to use
Read more at:
www.livestrong.com
skincare.lovetoknow.com
www.skin-care-recipes-and-remedies.com


...


Stay tuned for the part 2 of this post, where in I will be talking about specific DIY Skincare recipes that I love using these three natural wonders :-)


P.S. I originally wrote this last December of 2012 and I decided to schedule this on January 2, 2013, but I was able to publish this on January 25, 2013 already! Sorry about that...I will try to publish the part 2 of this post sooner to compensate. >.<
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, there!
Thank you for reading my blog.
I appreciate your comments. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...