Friday, October 16, 2015

Sugar Wax Recipe




Last week I ran out of my sugar wax and decided to research on how to make my own.
There are a ton of recipes that you can find on the web or YouTube, but I think this 3-ingredient sugaring wax recipe from Top Knot is very easy to make. I won't promise that this will work for everyone, but in my case I am happy with it because it really works for me. I only tried making this once and it turned out very well! It is said that the ancient Egyptians are the first to use this sugaring method for hair removal.




This recipe is inspired by Top Knot's video here.


What you will need:

  • A saucepan
  • Stirrer or spatula
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of sugar (white or brown, I used brown)
  • 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
  • 1/4 cup water
Directions:
  1. Prepare all the materials and/or ingredients.
  2. Cut the lemon(s) or lime(s) for juice extraction.
  3. Strain the lemon/lime juice.
  4. Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan.
  5. Boil for at least 7 minutes in medium heat.
  6. Check the consistency. If it's according to your liking stop, but if not you can boil it up to 17-20 minutes. (I initially stopped boiling mine at 7 minutes, and then I decided to boil it again for 10 minutes for a total of 17 minutes to my desired consistency.)
  7. Please wait for it to cool down before using it to avoid burning yourself.


Checking the consistency in a bowl.

It works!

P.S.: If you watched Top Knot's video, you will realize that it take less time to make their wax than my version. Their version is also more spreadable than mine. Aside from that, I used Philippine lime juice instead of lemon juice.

Try it out! It's fun making your own sugar wax and it's also much cheaper.

In another note, I also ran out of my aloe vera gel so I tried making my own based from this video's recipe. I realized now that it also only needs 3 ingredients to make! Check out the video if you want to make your own. I still love Strip It!'s aloe vera gel though...

Thanks for reading!

~toffeemerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, there!
Thank you for reading my blog.
I appreciate your comments. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...